Mind The Gap residency
The Mind The Gap Residency is a new initiative between the Dance Hub and Tasmania's award winning dance company, Tasdance.
In 2018 the Residency will provide a SA-based artist the opportunity to create, research, build upon and stretch their creative parameters during a week of dedicated creativity and focus in Launceston – home to Tasdance. In 2019 we are working towards a reciprocal Residency for Tasmanian practitioners to come to South Australia. There is an expectation that the successful artist will present a showing at the end of the residency.
Two one-week residencies will be awarded in 2018.
The weeks of the 2018 Residencies are:
1) Aug 5 -11 2018
2) Sept 23-29
Successful applicants will be notified by mid May 2018.
The Artist in Residence is supported in the following ways:
- one Adelaide - Launceston economy return flight
- free access to the Tasdance Studio (14m x 12m sprung floor with tarkett), sound system, heating & cooling, access to a screen and projector *
- free accommodation in the one bedroom Tasdance Cottage. There is a kitchen and bathroom adjacent to the bedroom which has one double bed. There is also a sofa bed that can be made up, though please note both the double bed and sofa bed are in the same room.
- $1,000 stipend
- Networking opportunities
- you must be a South Australian practitioner.
- you must have 3+ years of professional practice.
*Please note that the Studio is unavailable between 5:00pm and 9:00pm on Monday to Thursdays and from 9:30am to 2:30pm on Saturday mornings due to dance classes being held in the venue.