The Dance Hub is seeking
expressions of interest for our 2019 season
The Dance Hub offers a Residency program that contributes to and promotes art form development, and in turn connects the community.
The Dance Hub residency program is designed for dance artists to work in the studio from 3 days – 3 weeks as available in a calendar year. It provides the opportunity to develop an idea, test or create. It's just that - dedicated studio time.
Funding is not a pre-requisite for a conversation with the Dance Hub about being an Artist in Residence.
The duration of the residency is shaped and agreed upon based on the conversation with the Artist and your desired outcomes. The Dance Hub facilitates and supports the process and allows the Artist to lead the Residency as they need.
The framework of the residency is created and led by the applicant. Artists in Residence will be asked to give back to the community through various activities such as a public showing, an open studio, live streaming, a Q&A, or an extension of these ideas.
The Artist in Residence is supported in the following ways:
- Studio space (free of charge) approx 12 x17m with lots of natural light, air conditioned, and of course a sprung floor
- Access to a sound system, 3 phase power, LED lights
- Support with marketing and promotion through all Dance Hub channels
- Access to a Hot desk
- Networking opportunities
- possible assistance for documentation (amount to be negotiated with each artist)
- possible assistance for expenses associated with the residency (amount to be negotiated with each artist)
- Career guidance or creative counseling
- you must be a current or past south australian resident
you must have 3+ years of professional practice. In the case of a group/collective, the key artist (the applicant) is required to have 3 + years of professional practice.