Expressions of interest now open for 2018
The LWDance Hub residency program is designed for dance artists to work in the studio for 3 days – 3 weeks as available in a calendar year. provides the opportunity to develop an idea, test or create, it's just that - dedicated studio time
Funding is not a pre-requisite for a conversation with the Dance Hub about being an Artist in Residence.
The duration of the residency is shaped and agreed upon based on the conversation with the Artist and your desired outcomes. The Dance Hub facilitates and supports the process and allows the Artist to lead the Residency as they need.
The framework of the residency is created and led by the applicant. A residency may include: a public showing, an open studio or behind the scenes presentation, documentation and filming, a Q&A, other research needs or an extension of these ideas.
For the Artist in Residence is supported in the following ways:
- Studio space (free of charge) approx 12 x17m with lots of natural light, air conditioned, and of course a sprung floor
- Access to a sound system, 3 phase power, LED lights
- Support with marketing and promotion through all Dance Hub channels
- Access to a Hot desk
- Networking opportunities
- possible assistance for documentation (amount to be negotiated with each artist)
- Career guidance or creative counseling
- you must be a south australian resident
- you must have 3+ years of professional practice. In the case of a group/collective, the key artist is required to have 3 + years of professional practice.
to be considered for a residency all you need to do is
- send us an email with your preferred dates (minimum of 3 consecutive days) and a little bit about what you want to do (no more than 150 words)